Friday, July 9, 2010

Product Review: Dr. Scholl's Bliss Sandal (from CSN Stores)

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was offered a $40 gift certificate by Caitlin at CSN Stores in order to write a product review.

Hm, so you want me to shop and then write about it? I already do that. And I don't even have to spend any of my own money? Where do I sign up?

I looked around the CSN Stores website to find something to buy with my $40 gift certificate. Immediately, it occurred to me that I should take this opportunity to make one last attempt to find some comfortable and supportive summer sandals for our vacation to Mexico. I've purchased and liked the Dr. Scholl's brand of shoes before so I zeroed in on their Bliss Sandals. They were cute, with a cork base and cushioned insole, and, best of all, pink suede! Priced at $29.95 and free ground shipping - bingo!

I placed my order on a Wednesday morning and around dinner time, received an email that my order had shipped. Wow - that was fast! I always get so annoyed when it takes a company days to put my order together so this was a pleasant treat! The shoes arrived exactly one week later - I had been tracking them online and there appeared to have been some sort of hold-up in Missouri. My hope was that they'd arrive with time to spare before vacation and they certainly did.

I was excited to see the shoes in person - they look just like the picture on the website. The suede is a pretty baby pink color. The shoe looked a little narrow which worried me, but luckily I had sized up and a 9.5 fit perfectly. The cork sole is rather comfortable. I remember my mom having wood soled Dr. Scholl's sandals when I was little and I always thought they must be so uncomfortable. She wore them for years though so I guess they weren't. There feels like there is just enough support in the arch and foot bed that I'll be able to walk around in these while on vacation. I'll probably wear them for a day of light walking first or perhaps even test drive them before I leave, but in any event I think they'll work out nicely. My one regret is that I didn't order a second pair since I had another $10 on my gift certificate! Oh well!

The experience of ordering from CSN Stores was fine. I'd definitely consider ordering from them again. And the sandals are definitely keepers - I'm glad i got them in time for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment