Thursday, February 4, 2010

Into the Blogosphere

The point of this blog is not to talk about my job. In fact, I go out of my way to not talk about my job. Earlier today, I mentioned a stressful few days that I had in store and how I wished it was Tuesday afternoon. Well, part of that stress was because in my area of law, clients don't always take my advice. I can go through every detail with them a dozen times and make my recommendation, but at the end of the day, our course of action is their call. I have to go along with it.

In this particular situation, I have a client who I was terribly afraid would not take my advice. I've met with this client several times, but still wasn't sure until this afternoon what the client was going to decide.

Today my client decided to follow my recommendation. My client signed all the necessary documents to do what I had suggested.

Are you ever in a situation where you get exactly what you want and still feel like crap?

I did the right thing. I know I did the right thing. I had confirmed it with three other people in my office, including my boss. But the right thing isn't always the easy thing and I have a feeling that the emotional drain that I feel today is going to pale in comparison to how I'm going to feel on Tuesday when we finally get in front of the judge.

After my meeting with my client, I went for coffee with a co-worker. Then I went to Anthropologie to try on some pretty things. It made me feel better momentarily and the fact that it did ultimately made me feel worse. My life is so easy that a pretty blouse can bring me out of the funk that I was in all day today. I wish I could say the same for my client...

1 comment:

  1. aw, hang in there. you're doing a GREAT job at your work. And, don't worry, pretty things are perfect for a quick pick-me-up. If that were the ONLY thing that made you happy, then THAT would be a problem. take care!

    ReplyDelete